Saturday, February 25, 2012

I AM SLACKING ON THE BLOGGING.

 My goal was to update the blog about once a week and now it's 15 days later! What the heck.
I feel like so much has gone on but then again I have been so crazy busy that I have forgotten about everything. Oh well, I shall share all that is on my mind! First of all, I found a fellow Texan. For all my Sooners out there, yes he is Longhorn but he is still from the Lone Star State and I love love love that! We met, shared a Howdy ya'll and are now friends.
So the last time I blogged was around my mom's and Abraham Lincoln's birthday... Man, he was a great president. I sent my little baby cousin, Presely a Minnie Mouse bib for valentines day and a fun care package to my family with a bunch of Mickey gear. My sister is obsessed with cheetah print so I sent her a black beach towel with brown Mickey Mouse heads all over it. I found it at Animal Kingdom. Cool! One of my good friends here in Orlando celebrated her birthday on the Valentines Day! Me, Kendra (birthday girl), Christy and Danielle went out to dinner and walked around Downtown Disney. She is a super duper and I quite enjoy our friendship!
I have class here at Disney every Tuesday and my last class was spent at the Magic Kingdom! Not only did I get to take a picture with some awesome Sooners, but my assignments for the day were based off of the Magic Kingdom, its history, questionnaires about the park and specific locations within and puzzles that would lead us to more information about the park! HOW COOL IS THAT!? Granted I still have 12 hours through OU I am not getting to walk around the Magic Kingdom for, but I am still one happy gal. One of our scavenger hunt items was to get a picture with a princess. Does anyone know who this is? 
Work is getting so much better! It was never bad, it is just much more fun now that I have friends at work and can be my goofy, weird self. Not only does that make the time go by faster, but it makes for a great 10 hour day! I am really enjoying absorbing as much information as I can, while learning and growing in the working world. Did that sound dumb? Probably! 
Ahh I am SO beyond excited to share the next topic which can be summed up in about 3 words; surprises, family and Sooners! This past weekend, February 16-19, I was able to get off of work (my Managers are the absolute best) and attend The University of Oklahoma's High School Leadership Conference. I found out about 3 weeks prior that I was going to be able to make it and fulfill my position as MC on the Executive committee! I told my parents (that I was going to be traveling to another state), Ganga, the chair of the conference and my friend Vicki who was picking me up from the airport! Everyone else I wanted to surprise! Especially my sweet little sister, Erin! The leadership conference is specifically for high school juniors which made my sister a prime candidate to attend! She and her friend that is a boy both went and I know had the time of their lives! 
Right when I got there Vicki and I went to Crackle Barrel (it was sweet potato Thursday and if you know me, you KNOW I will not miss out on that!) and then went right to campus to find my greatest friend Kelsey and surprise her! I went to her classroom and it was so so so wonderful! I had just gotten off the phone with her moments before, so she was clueless. We had to take a picture immediately and Kelsey was adamant about tweeting this! I was so worried that my sister was going to see it that I made Kelsey go and block Erin from Twitter haha! Anyways, that whole day was a breath of fresh air. Seeing and hugging all of my great friends, catching up and planning last minute details for the conference felt like I had been in Norman all semester! 
Friday was the day I had been waiting on for what seemed like forever! I talked to my sister in the car (on her way to Norman) telling her about my day off in Orlando and gave her some last minute details about what to expect at the Conference. My parents text me right when they got there and I had butterflies in my stomach because I was so excited to freak her out! Most everyone on exec knew what was going on (because I told them) and I was thrilled for it to all play out! There was a spirit line that everyone made as the campers came in the room, so Vicki went and brought in Erin and I waited at the end of the line to pop out! 
There were tears, there was screaming, there was so much hugging and laughing. The moment was priceless! I was so beyond happy to be able to not only see her for a quick two days but to watch her get so much out of this conference as a high school junior! The campers were split into small groups for the weekend were they went to workshops, heard an inspirational speaker, did strength building activities and really were able to learn more about themselves throughout the short 40 hours they were in Norman. I will attach the link to the wrap-up video! If you have time, or care to get a little glimpse of the weekend, go watch it! 
I also got to spend some time with the family in between times I wasn't needed at the conference. I can't even describe how great it was to be back! Plus! I got to fly. I LOVE AIRPLANES and I LOVE FLYING! Top five favorite things. 
That little adventure is probably the highlight of this blog. I could probably write about four more paragraphs on the weekend alone. But, I won't. The last I will say is, I am so proud to be a Sooner and even more proud to be a part of such a great Exec! 
So after I left the chilly Oklahoma, I got back to Orlando (where I was greeted with fireworks in the sky coming from the Magic Kingdom), I worked for a day, had a day off, worked for a day and then went back to the beach with some friends and one new friend from work! 
Again, I have a really rough life. 
I do though have two papers, a project and some discussions to work on, on top of a 41 hour work week coming up! I am doing everything I can right now to keep from getting sick. So many people around my apartment complex and at work are getting sick and I just won't have it! I am loading up on my vitamin c chewables and the netty pot. 
A couple more things before I bid you farewell:
1. Winnie is a very very sweet bear. 
2. If you ever go to the Magic Kingdom, PLEASE purchase a Nutella waffle with fruit... YUM.
3. I gave up chocolate for lent. It has been four days and I am dying. 
4. I bought a bunch of Nilla wafers and animal crackers to satisfy my sweet tooth craving. These purchases absolutely defeat the purpose of giving up chocolate to begin with. 
5. I am on my feet all all all day long and my generous and very kind grandmother sent me every type of foot massaging, scrub and relaxer you could every imagine! What a great listener she is! I am so thankful, Mimi! 
6. I was just moseying around Epcot the other day when all the sudden I see Michael Buble! Yes, you read right. He and his wife were both at Epcot and ate at my restaurant. Paul McCartney was at the Animal Kingdom the other day and Nicki Minaj is here tonight for All Star Weekend along with many other celebrities! The town is popppiiinnnn!
Alrighty folks, that is about all I have right now. Currently am reading a couple books I might comment on soon. I am leaving everyone with a quote I am quite enjoying this week:


No comments:

Post a Comment